Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Coffee Alternative

I went on down to the hippie store today and found a coffee alternative, Tee.cci.no, which is caffeine free.  It is made of carob, barley, chicory, dates almonds, hazelnut flavor, dates, and figs.  I am giving it a try this morning.  I use a french press, which if anyone is not familiar, it's a glass beaker that you pour hot water and coffee grounds in, let it steep for four minutes, and then push down the strainer and pour a delicious cup of coffee.  So, I first tried the Tee.cci.no this morning following their directions, and it was watery.  So, I poured that out and tried my standard 2 rounded tablespoons to 8 oz. of water, and this cup is better.  It is not coffee, though.  Hopefully, I will acquire a taste for it.  I struggled with what flavor to get.  They had a regular flavor, but it was a "mild roast."  I like french roasts and espresso roasts, the bold stuff.  This hazelnut flavor is a medium roast, but I'm not crazy about flavorings in my coffee.  If anyone knows of a similar product that tastes like french roast coffee, let me know please!

4 comments:

  1. Is Tea off limits? I'm biased and not a coffee drinker, but love hot tea. The Man loves his coffee (from a French Press also) but drinks tea in the evenings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, tea is off limits. :( I was told to stop all caffeine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you found an alternative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about an herbal tea or a rhoibus? Those are non-caffeinated. Hope you find a good alternative!

    ReplyDelete