Friday, January 20, 2012

Misery

I feel awful.  I think the antibiotics are just compounding the issues.  Yesterday, I was in tears because I am just slightly nauseous all the time, and that makes me want my mom, who is 6 hours away.  And it makes me want to just throw out the anti-inflammatory diet and eat all the things that I loved when I was a kid.  So, I went ahead last night and had myself some so bad for me pizza with pepperoni and sausage.  And, I picked myself up some ginger ale and sn.ack.wells de.vil's food cookies.  I loved those things when I was younger, and they still taste good.  I am feeling less nauseous today, so maybe I should give myself some slack and eat fatty and processed food just while I'm on medications that are making me feel icky.  I don't think fish, meatless meals, and soups are doing the trick.

Good thing we picked up pizza last night anyway, because last night was our night to bring dinner to the sister in law who just had her fifth baby.  I think I posted the other day that it was her fourth.  Thing is, these people have so many freaking babies that I lose track.  I did a double take last night when I saw there were 4 little boys watching a movie.  I completely forgot about one of them.  Gosh!  

This time she finally had a little girl, and she is so darn cute that I just wanted to steal her and run.  Seeing that baby just churned up all of my "want a baby" feelings even more than they usually are.  

So, anyway, after cooking for someone else, I didn't have the energy or desire to start whipping something else up for us.  I love to cook, but I have been doing a lot of that this week, and I did not have the energy to clean up from one meal and start making a mess for a new one.  

This morning has been awful, too.  I hate being sick.  I am still in my pj's and don't know when I will decide to get out.  Thank the Good Lord for heating pads.  One on my tummy is making things a little better.  

I know this post has been random.  I just wanted to share my misery with someone.    

7 comments:

  1. I agree - you've got to eat some food with substance when taking meds...makes a big difference!

    Prayers that you are feeling better soon. A few days in PJs can be good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I feel for you! I was put on Flagyl after my first surgery when I got that terrible infection and it was HORRIBLE! It made me SO nauseous too, it was one of the most miserable times! Don't worry about diet for right now. I had to choke down whatever made me feel like I wouldn't throw up. Don't be too hard on yourself, you can get back on the diet wagon once the Flagyl is done. I know it's a good antibiotic, but I seriously have never hated a medication so much!! Ugh!! I want to just run over and hug you. I swear I get nauseous just thinking about Flagyl. :( I'm going to add some more prayers for you...boo Flagyl! Omg I just can't tell you enough how much I feel for ya. When you are nauseous like that it just makes your whole body feel awful. I so, so hope you feel better soon!! How much longer do you have on the meds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I wish I could come and make you some chicken noodle soup and a cup of hot chocolate, maybe that would make you feel better! Wait - do you even like those things? Regardless, I could make you something that you would like and just have you veg out on the couch. I HATE being sick and nausea - yuck! I hope you feel better soon and yes, as the other commenters have said - eat what you can keep down and you can always start the diet again when you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for pizza! I'm a believer in breaking the diet now and again ... and being sick is a great reason!!! I'm so sorry you are nauseous. I simply HATE that feeling. I think I'd rather just throw up than be nauseous.
    You know your SIL has too many kids when you forget one of them. Ack! It is and isn't funny. I am really praying that YOU get blessed with a baby soon. Its so, so hard when the babies are SO tiny ... and yes, I've thought about taking a baby too.
    Praying for you today! And I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would've totally created a diversion so you could've stole that baby!!!

    I hope that you feel better soon. Get some comfort food in you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comfort food is always the best. I typically crave my mom's home cooking during times like this. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and feel more like yourself in no time!

    ReplyDelete