Friday, September 2, 2011

P+7 blood draw

Ouch.  Had my p+7 blood draw today.  What a fiasco.  The first girl who was going to draw it was obviously new.  She stuck me once and then said my vein "rolled."  So, the usual girl came to my rescue and started all over.  Stick #2.  She draws one vial and pulls everything out and then realizes she needed 2 vials.  So, stick #3.  I always dread these appointments, and today was the worst one yet.  So glad it's over.

While I was there, another girl was in having her blood drawn to see if she was pregnant.  She was very anxious about the results and looked so morose.  I wanted to scream out, "I'll take your baby," but I kept my mouth shut, thinking to myself, "we are in here for opposite reasons; I want to be pregnant, and she doesn't."  After leaving the lab, as I was driving down the road, I thought to myself that I should have offered to talk with her.  She seemed so anxious and sad.  I hope she is not considering abortion.  I hate to think that I could have done something to change her mind if that was on her mind.  If she is pregnant, Mary, please watch over that little baby and make sure he/she lives.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when the lab techs can't draw blood! I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience.

    I really hate it when people take their fertility for granted. I hope that baby lives.

    ReplyDelete