Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Home!

We finally got discharged yesterday afternoon, although the doctor was trying to keep us another day because Henry still sounded raspy.  Well, while he's standing there telling us this, Henry is nursing, and the oxygen saturation monitor is showing 99%, and my husband points to that, and the doctor says, "ok, you're right."   So, we're finally home with instructions to keep suctioning the nose and give breathing treatments as needed.

Now that he's home, he is so much more like himself and is doing great.  It feels even more fantastic to hold my sweet baby; no wires, no beeping machines, no nasal canulas.  Just a sweet baby in a cheesy "my first Christmas" fleece sleep n play.  The best Christmas present ever!


4 comments:

  1. :-D I'm so, so glad Henry went home yesterday! There's something to be said for being at home in mommy's arms being the best medicine.
    I hope he continues to improve!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, so sorry to hear that you guys had to go through this! It is horrible to watch your child suffer like that, I felt the same way during Claire's surgery. I'm so glad you are home and he is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your Christmas was so rough, but am glad Henry and hopefully you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete