Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Visualization

Ok, this is my first venture into the blogging world.  Later, I will sit down and post our 4 year infertility journey.  For now, I want to talk about something kind of silly.  We watched this, what I would call, motivational talk, last night about visualizing what you want and imagining that you already have it and "the universe" will bring it to you.  We were laughing our butts off the whole time, but we thought, "what they hey?  why not?"  So, we wrote down that we want to have a baby, and we have been jokingly pretending that we do have a baby.  I even found a picture of a cute newborn on the internet and made that my screensaver.  I know it sounds silly, but it couldn't hurt to replace my negative anxious feelings with happy, grateful, peaceful feelings.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful idea. I think it's more helpful to visualize the hopes and desires of your heart than to ruminate on losses and disappointments. (And I tend to do the latter...) New Age-y stuff isn't all crap; there are some highlights of truth-- they just happen to leave out the Ultimate Truth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world! I can't wait to read about your journey.

    ReplyDelete